Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Lower Rear Shock Mount Bolts

They SUCK. :evil:

I gave up after about 20 minutes of the impact wrench, the hammer, and the WD-40, and just used the old ones.

:? How T.F.H. do *you* guys get these off? Of course it doesn't help that these haven't been off in at least 10yrs. :D

AC-Delco Coil-Overs all-the-way around now :) would've taken her out for a test but the clouds were looking ominous...

Renthorin

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Michigan
the smooth side of the bolt (has a round cap on it) is not a perfect circle. It has two flat sides on it that you can grab with a pipe wrench. If not, the bolt will spin in its hole.

If you are very tallented I suppose you could spot weld the bolt to the lower shock mount to keep it from turning.........but I always just put a wrench on the back side.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Heh. I couldn't even get the nut on the front side to turn. :( Nothing. Those babies may as well be welded in there.... Too much rust action I guess.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If it's rusted and can't be removed I have drilled through the nut to the surface of the bolt and split it with a chisel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor