Lower Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcc7771

n00b
Aug 14, 2018
Got a 1986 Cutlass Supreme and I'm a pretty tall old boy from the waist up. Is there a way to lower front seats. I sit way to high. Can they be cut lower or a different seat from a different car??

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you don't have a power seat but you have buckets or 60/40 seats you can find a working power base and switch it over to give you more adjustment.
I also made brackets to move my seat farther back to give me more leg room but it also angles the seat slightly downward giving some extra headroom as well.

IMG_1806.JPG
IMG_1807.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Probably easiest way to lower front seat is to let air out of tires.
Sorry....couldn't help it:)

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
If you don't have a power seat but you have buckets or 60/40 seats you can find a working power base and switch it over to give you more adjustment.
I also made brackets to move my seat farther back to give me more leg room but it also angles the seat slightly downward giving some extra headroom as well.

View attachment 94022 View attachment 94023

great execution. I think I'm going to do this this week. Were the new studs welded to the plate?

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
great execution. I think I'm going to do this this week. Were the new studs welding to the plate?
Yes, the new studs which are grade 8 bolts are welded in place, but they could be drilled, tapped and then use Loctite to hold them also.

Reactions: 1 user

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
Cut/weld the slider rail will work.....probably cut a little too much, now its a pain to get the nut onto the mounting studs. Definitely drops the seat down....to the point the trans hump rubs the bottom of the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor