Lower speedometer length

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Two piece or 3 piece?

There's some 3 piece that have a foot long extension piece coming out of the transmission. The screw together connector is right next to the crossmember on the driver side. Then you follow that up to another screw together connection under the brake booster before it goes into the firewall. This is also the place for the two-piece deal as well as the two-piece doesn't have the foot long extension piece near the transmission.

I don't have measurements though for either.

You had asked about the part numbers for these before? What information are you needing? Are you trying to replace it or?....

Reactions: 1 users

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
Two piece or 3 piece?

There's some 3 piece that have a foot long extension piece coming out of the transmission. The screw together connector is right next to the crossmember on the driver side. Then you follow that up to another screw together connection under the brake booster before it goes into the firewall. This is also the place for the two-piece deal as well as the two-piece doesn't have the foot long extension piece near the transmission.

I don't have measurements though for either.

You had asked about the part numbers for these before? What information are you needing? Are you trying to replace it or?....
I want to have the cables on hand in case they need to be replaced on my 84 hurst that We just revived it after not being driven for about twelve years. Everything on the fuel and cooling systems has been replaced. I"m going to order the correct upper cable from Rockauto as per your information. I see a lot of ads for the lower cable showing different lengths. You may remember the car was for sale on the forum in November 2018. I became the buyer after I offered more than the asking price. After the clean up, new tires and along list of other parts, It looks like new. I have a friend who is a great mechanic. I"m just a cleanup guy. A long answer to a short question. I appreciate your time and interest. Bill WV

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You can't just order an upper cable anymore. They come in one piece and have for quite some time now. Basically from speedometer to transmission.

Be careful about the "upper" and "Lower" cables. The 1983 H/O had a transducer under the hood for the K35 and used 2 separate cables typically "upper" and "lower". Your 84 does not used the 2 separate cables because it doesn't need the cables running through the transducer. The K34 cruise control was all electronic.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor