Lowered cutlass sway bar links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsdank81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Baltimore, Maryland
In the process of getting the front suspension back together. Have 3/4 coil cut out of a stock spring and am wondering if a shorter sway bar link will be necessary.

The car is on stands and Theres no give to get the nut on to tighten the stock length link.

Energy suspension for gbody cars range from 3 3/8 to 5 1/8in length.

Thanks for any insight.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
You will be fine. Most of that first coil is dead.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
In the process of getting the front suspension back together. Have 3/4 coil cut out of a stock spring and am wondering if a shorter sway bar link will be necessary.

The car is on stands and Theres no give to get the nut on to tighten the stock length link.

Energy suspension for gbody cars range from 3 3/8 to 5 1/8in length.

Thanks for any insight.

just think of when the suspension is fully compressed the link does not cause any issues so you will be fine

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
If you need shorter links you just take a $10 Harbor Freight Cut off wheel and cut the sleeves.

The bolt that usually comes with with Sway bar links can be on the small side, so I replace them with grade 8 bolts from a hardware store.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you need shorter links you just take a $10 Harbor Freight Cut off wheel and cut the sleeves.

The bolt that usually comes with with Sway bar links can be on the small side, so I replace them with grade 8 bolts from a hardware store.

I think he would have to get new bolts if he cuts the sleeve. If I remember correctly the bolts you get in a link kit have a long shoulder and not too much thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor