Lowering springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2017
Hey there! Has anyone done a 2 in spring only drop? If so where did you get them and how did it turn out. I’ve found 1.5 from BMR for a decent price but was hoping for 2. Any input would be great! Thanks.

84slow

Greasemonkey
Feb 6, 2017
Ontario.Ca
I'd like to know the same as well and if anyone has pictures as well please.. I ended up cutting my springs on my 3.8 but after the 305 swap I can't turn my wheels.

Reactions: 1 user

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
image.jpeg
To lower my Malibu , I went with bell tech 2" drop spindles in the front and 2" lowering springs in the back.(Not sure of spring brand) Maybe I'm wrong but using lowering springs in the front , it seems you would lose 2" of suspension travel and possibly bounce the stops. With drop spindles the springs and shocks have the same travel and the spindle is just moved upward. I know my car car handles a lot better due to a lower roll center. timo22

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have UMI 2" drop rear springs in the back and a big Big Block Chevy in the front.
IMG_1473.JPG

Heavy Chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2017
Thanks for the replies! I like your way of thinking 565bbchevy but I have a fresh 355 in there now. Timo22 who’s spindles did you use? Nice cars too guys. Great work!

• Friendly

Heavy Chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2017
Thanks for the replies! I like your way of thinking 565bbchevy but I have a fresh 355 in there now. Timo22 who’s spindles did you use? Nice cars too guys. Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor