Lowes and Crafsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Just heard Sears worked a deal with Lowes to sell all of the Craftsman products. Great, haven't had a Sears near by for over 5 years.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Glad to hear that Lowes will be getting them soon, just heard one of the closest Sears to me (Johnstown, an hour east) will start the closing next month. Still sucks that most of the tools are Chinesium.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I also seem to remember hearing the deal involved DeWalt buying Craftsman. DeWalt is owned by Stanley.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Stanley/Black & Decker bought Craftsman from Sears with a deal for them to still sell them last year. The sooner they start sell them in more places outside of Sears the better. Don't think there'll be a Sears/Kmart anywhere before long.

• Agree

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
the hardware store near me just started carrying craftsman tools,it's a good thing.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I just heard that they'll be closing the Sears near me soon. I think they said the middle of July.
The Ace Hardware near me sells Craftsman tools. It's too bad that they're all made in China these days. I always liked the USA made Craftsman wrenches. If I want to buy Chinese made wrenches, I may as well go to Harbor Freight...plus they're cheaper.

Looking around, It's amazing how many Sears products are in my home. Let's face it, everyone shopped at Sears. Most of my dad's woodworking tools were from Sears. Power saws, table saws, drills, sanders, etc. Also Kenmore appliances.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Those stores do in Pgh. also. But in limited quantity. I hope Lowes will be as big as most Sears were as far as ALOT of choices

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
The only Sears assets worth anything in my opinion are the Craftsman and Kenmore brand names. Sears as we knew it growing up is probably not much longer for this world, sadly. :(

• Agree

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I gotta get my *ss to my sears then, stock up while they're cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor