lq4 installing ls6 intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsantino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 25, 2014
I have an lq4 Im working on engine. It has truck intake on it now. I would like to keep it drive by wire. Will the truck intake throttle body work on ls6 intake?

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
ive never tried it personally. But ive been told the throttle body does depending on the year of the motor i think.
I know for a fact if your using truck accessories that you will have to move the idler pulley or else it will hit the throttle body. eBay has kits for like $30 to do that no biggy. The water neck on the truck water pump will also hit the big box on the drive by wire throttle body if you wanna remedy that you can use a camaro or vette water pump it moves that water neck away from the throttle body and you have to put 3/4 inch spacers behind the pump to line it up with the truck accessories. Or you could just use Fbody accessories period :D

As for fuel rails and stuff there is instructions on i think its ls1tech on how to use truck fuel rails and injectors on a ls6 intake. But personally i would just use ls1/ls6 rails with there injectors.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
As long as you're not using some weird motor mounts. They actually used those TBSS intakes in nascar for a while. They make great power.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Should be fine with the Hooker/Holley mounts. I've read the BRP mounts sit up a bit higher. They might work though.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Sloppy Mechanics on YouTube was able to fit the truck intake on his malibu wagon under the hood by notching the hoods frame. Your results may vary cuz I think he makes his own mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor