Lq9 swap in a 1979 Monte carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2015
Doing a ls swap in a 79 Monte. The engine is a 6.0 liter vortec out of an 01 Denali. I'm changing the heads and going with an ls3 intake. I'm using a 4l60e trans. I want to use all of my truck accessories if I can. Was wondering what engine mounts and transmission mounts I should go with?

Mar 2, 2015
Doing a ls swap in a 79 Monte. The engine is a 6.0 liter vortec out of an 01 Denali. I'm changing the heads and going with an ls3 intake. I'm using a 4l60e trans. I want to use all of my truck accessories if I can. Was wondering what engine mounts and transmission mounts I should go with?
Thanks for the help. b*tches

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Don't take the lack of response personally. This topic has been covered numerous times, both here and on a number of other sites. A bit of reasearch should show a wealth of information in this regard.
If you go to ls1tech.com, then go into the section called "conversions and hybrids", there are a number of G body LS conversion threads. Probably the best one for you though, would be the thread on the new Hooker/Holley G body conversion mounts and headers. The info in that thread should answer most of your questions.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor