lq9 to older one piece 4l60e

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
hey guys quick question i have a lq9 and a 1995 4l60e from a silverado i was wondering what kit i need to adapt it to my engine

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You either need a crank flange to flexplate spacer or one of those dished flexplates.

From here: http://bdturnkeyengines.com/install-manual/

"5.3L & 6.0L LQ9 ENGINES: Most, if not all 5.3’s & 6.0 LQ9’s will need a spacer a longer bolts to be added behind the flexplate as they came with a “dished” flexplate for the 4L60e / 4L65e transmissions. All GENIII flexplates use the old TH400 converter larger bolt pattern diameter. So, if you are going to use a TH350 or 700R4 with the standard torque converter you will need to elongate the flexplate converter holes inward, making a smaller diameter pattern. Or, you can run a TH400 converter on your TH350 or 700R4 and it will bolt right up. Elongating the holes is usually the most cost effective."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor