LS AFM Question

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I tore into the wife's Envoy today, the oil leak was driving me nuts. Boy was that fun, it has the GenIV 5.3 LH6 with AFM and diff guts bolted to either side of the oil pan. No wonder it leaks. Anyway, I was all excited gonna put the AFM shield on and quit burning oil, until. . .

PXL_20220926_010059035.jpg

Yeah that's not the pan in the TSB. I reread the TSB and it excludes the GMT360. M'fer! So now I wonder, does that apparatus spray straight up at the pistons? If so, I'll just bend up some .060" sheet metal I have here in the garage to shield that hole, clean it up, and send it. Paging motorheadmike if he isn't banned or something.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Replace the driver side valve cover, that'll fix most of your oil burning. They have an updated unit to fix pcv issues that cause oil burning.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Replace the driver side valve cover, that'll fix most of your oil burning. They have an updated unit to fix pcv issues that cause oil burning.

Yeah I'm gonna do that and unstick the rings whenever I get around to plugs, but I know on the trucks the little baffle is supposed to keep the rings unstuck. You know if that thingamabob in my pan sprays oil straight up?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I do not know that for certain :/

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor