Ls harness & computer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobinHSV

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2018
LQ4 is DBW.

I plan to keep the factory harness and computer just in case but I plan to run the Holley terminator.

The DBW harness can be reworked to work with DBC. I think it's 5 wires that have to get moved to different pins in the harness connector at the ECU.
DBW is totally divorced from harness. There is a DBW Module which takes +12v and Gnd, + ACC Pedal data to drive throttle. 2002 or 2003 is the last of the first gen DBW. is last of the first gen DBW. You can use either one. Stock harness doesnt know anything about the throttle body control. It reads TB Position from either configuration.

BobinHSV

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2018
DBW is totally divorced from harness. There is a DBW Module which takes +12v and Gnd, + ACC Pedal data to drive throttle. 2002 or 2003 is the last of the first gen DBW. is last of the first gen DBW. You can use either one. Stock harness doesn't know anything about the throttle body control. It reads TB Position from either configuration. If you have a 2012 Savanna van, you have a Gen IV engine and Trans The 6L90E T42 TCM is in the transmission and must be coded to the proper (probably E38 or E67) ECM. Difference between Gen III (Very simple) and Gen IV are total incompatibly. For example 4L60E in Gen III three has a few trans coding options. 6L90E has over 600 possible coding options.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
The 5.3 presently sitting quietly on my engine stand is a 2002 from an Avalanche and the throttle body on it is cable actuated; an actual mechanical connection between the accelerator pedal in the cabin and the butterfly in the body. This motor is classified as a Gen II, and the default throttle body for it was mechanical, not Drive by Wire aka (DBW). If I wanted to go fly by wire, I would have to score the appropriate throttle body, along with the module and the pedal assembly. if you have the earlier non FBW harness then there are no wires in it for the DBW.

Spent a week digging around in my local part yard for a year correct matching harness for my mill and most of the harnesses looked right until you got to the throttle body and found the absence of the cable. Don't be confused by the one cable that does attach to the TB, it is for the cruise control.

That aside, would either one of you happen to know of a source for an LS-6 intake manifold/plenum for the 2000-2004 generation motors? They apparently do exist but are on the way to joining the unobtanium list that includes parts like rear brake drum backing plates for the 03 S-10, and Poly-urethane leaf spring bushings for a G-10 and a few other useful items that seem to have fallen by the wayside. Appreciate any leads. THX

Nick

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
The 5.3 presently sitting quietly on my engine stand is a 2002 from an Avalanche and the throttle body on it is cable actuated; an actual mechanical connection between the accelerator pedal in the cabin and the butterfly in the body. This motor is classified as a Gen II, and the default throttle body for it was mechanical, not Drive by Wire aka (DBW). If I wanted to go fly by wire, I would have to score the appropriate throttle body, along with the module and the pedal assembly. if you have the earlier non FBW harness then there are no wires in it for the DBW.

Spent a week digging around in my local part yard for a year correct matching harness for my mill and most of the harnesses looked right until you got to the throttle body and found the absence of the cable. Don't be confused by the one cable that does attach to the TB, it is for the cruise control.

That aside, would either one of you happen to know of a source for an LS-6 intake manifold/plenum for the 2000-2004 generation motors? They apparently do exist but are on the way to joining the unobtanium list that includes parts like rear brake drum backing plates for the 03 S-10, and Poly-urethane leaf spring bushings for a G-10 and a few other useful items that seem to have fallen by the wayside. Appreciate any leads. THX

Nick
Pretty sure my friend has an LS6 intake thats about to get pulled for LSA swap. I'm working with him in the morning and I'll ask if anyone has claimed it yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor