Ls harness & computer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I'm planning on running it stock to get it going.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
CFO you have HPtuners or access to it?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Once you go Holley, you’ll find it’s the easiest setup ever made, at least in 2021 or earlier, and you’ll never go back.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Once you go Holley, you’ll find it’s the easiest setup ever made, at least in 2021 or earlier, and you’ll never go back.
Agreed! I’ll add that the months I’ve waited for dyno time and the tune costs will definitely push you to the Holley. Wish I would have done it right away, but better late than never…

ck1984

Apprentice
Sep 19, 2021
Agreed! I’ll add that the months I’ve waited for dyno time and the tune costs will definitely push you to the Holley. Wish I would have done it right away, but better late than never…
dont alot holleys efi fail after a few yrs since its ecu is located right over the engine and cooks electronics over time?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Ecu is where ever you put it. Not usually in engine bay so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

ck1984

Apprentice
Sep 19, 2021
Ecu is where ever you put it. Not usually in engine bay so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
some holley throttle bodies have/had the ecu in the throttlebody

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
dont alot holleys efi fail after a few yrs since its ecu is located right over the engine and cooks electronics over time?

Wow, stop reading FB posts.

I used to think the same about Megasquirts. Like 'how long will one of these last'? Well, the aftermarket stuff I have is old mostly. I have an MS3 and MS1 that are over 10 years old and I've never experienced an age failure. Hop onto the Holley forum and see how many Holley 950 Commanders are still out there and they haven't made one in about 10 years.

My Term X is almost 2 years old and haven't seen a a failure yet. But if it does, then I'll buy another ECU for $800, but I don't expect it to ever fail.

It's extremely easy to find fails from Holley, Megasquirt, Haltech installs that have gone bad on FB, but a little research usually indicates the installer can't read and follow basic directions.

I just re-read all of this thread and I stand firm to the OP - buy an MS or Holley. It will be cheaper and easier in the long run unless you have already paid for the experience with multiple stock builds with stock PCMs.. Keep in mind that my opinion is based on that I'm cheap as ****.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor