Ls install Ontario

dft

dft

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2013
Hello guys ,I was wondering if any one in Ontario Canada could recommend any shops that would do a Ls swap for my 79 MC. I’m close to Toronto

Thanks

motorheadmike

motorheadmike

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
How much do you have to spend and what are your goals? I'd do it for about $20-$50K CDN depending upon options.

motorheadmike

motorheadmike

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
dft

dft

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2013
I was thinking of a budget of around $10000. Not looking for huge hp, looking more for a nice clean setup

• Optimistic
Reactions: fleming442
motorheadmike

motorheadmike

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
I was thinking of a budget of around $10000. Not looking for huge hp, looking more for a nice clean setup
Better get to wrenching. Specialized shop rates are well north of $100/hr and $10K isn't going to go far with 13% taxes and a crappy exchange rate.

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Better get to wrenching. Specialized shop rates are well north of $100/hr and $10K isn't going to go far with 13% taxes and a crappy exchange rate.
big part of the fun I have with these cars is it's easy to wrench on these cars and we can kinda do almost anything with them....even an LS conversion which I think had been done a few times

Reactions: Tony1968
pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Hello guys ,I was wondering if any one in Ontario Canada could recommend any shops that would do a Ls swap for my 79 MC. I’m close to Toronto

Thanks
you might want to contact this guy...

C

clean8485

Royal Smart Person
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Conversion parts aren't necessarily cheap either. It depends on how easy/hard, and how much you are willing to spend. The Holley/Hooker G body LS conversion parts are very good, and will make the swap fairly easy, but they are definitely not cheap, especially when you convert to Canadian $$. You might want to do some research, just to get an idea. What engine is in your Monte now? If the car already has the older style small block in it, you are still alot of choices available in those engines, where you could have good power, an easy swap, and it would be more budget-friendly. Just a thought.

dft

dft

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2013
you might want to contact this guy...

I’ve seen this ad before seems reasonable but still would like to find a shop familiar with these conversions that would install

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G G-Body LS Swap 0

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor