LS kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Save your money on the 'kit' and buy a mig and tig and then get your hands dirty.

Many can justify the kits, but most of them aren't working on G-bodies IMHO. Kidding aside, to buy LS parts to swap in will definitely require a stout bank account. Doing it yourself will save you at east $3k IMO. Having a local that can tune it for you is a real plus.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
There's plenty of people that have blazed that trail here already in various formats. It's extremely important that you listen to them if this is your first stab at an LS swap to a G-body. The LS engine family is extremely versatile, and depending on how wild you get, the sky's the limit. And you can spend a lot or you can spend a little, but it's relative. Minimal money still means you'll need a good pile of it. You can't half-azz it, you'll have to go all in to the end or your shiit won't run and all that money would be wasted.

If you don't know how to tune it, that's more costs to figure in. It may seem easy to do the swap, but almost everything will need a tweak or a mod. Some more than others. Good luck.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'd say the only don'ts of an LS swap are

Don't use the GM muscle car pan aka Hummer h3/Colorado plan, it's like half an inch shorter than the stock pickup pan

Don't sell anything off your old engine until you get the LS running

There really isn't a one order button kit because theres so many parts needed. Fuel system, cooling/rad, mounts, wiring, exhaust, ect.

You can do an LS swap for $1000 or $25000 and anywhere in between.

Reactions: 3 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Save your money on the 'kit' and buy a mig and tig and then get your hands dirty.
^This is my approach.......cheap ebay motor mount adapters, modify a set of pacesetter f-body headers, $100 ls1 oil pan, modify existing trans crossmember.........there's my "kit".

Buying a giant box of name brand components for a drop in installation almost feels like cheating (no offense to those that take this approach).

• Haha
  • Wow

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I love these " I wanna LS" threads. I don't think I've seen any of the recent ones started.
- undetermined skillset
- undetermined funds
- no clues, just want an LS
Where'd they all go?

• Haha
  • Agree
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
This is my favorite kit
11174864_10205676831933470_203-554166570aa31.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor