Ls manifolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
just wondering wich exhaust l manifolds fit. Im drop n in a lq4 in my 87 ss monte. I have the lq4 denali manifolds but i also picked up a set of gto manifolds from a buddy of mine

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
LS3 Camaro... same as the Hooker units... more or less.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
So no go on either ones i have ?
GTOs wont fit. Maybe one side of the truck ones.

F bodys and vettes manifolds have been proven to work. I would shoot for either of these or LS gbody swp headers.
Ive been looking into this for the past few weeks myself and when time comes, I think Ill just be going with ceramic Hedmen swap headers.

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
Yah i have these already but if i had to spend money i would rather just buy headers was kinda hope i could run these for now but anyways thanks for the answers fellas

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
GTOs wont fit. Maybe one side of the truck ones.

F bodys and vettes manifolds have been proven to work. I would shoot for either of these or LS gbody swp headers.
Ive been looking into this for the past few weeks myself and when time comes, I think Ill just be going with ceramic Hedmen swap headers.

Well, I just came across another thread on this board where a member says he used GTO LS2 manifolds on his swap with 1" set backs.

Everything else Ive read said they would not/do not fit. Something about a wierd angle IIRC. I passed on a cheap set myself because it was my understanding they wouldnt work.
Maybe you could pm the member and get more info. His name is "maven" on this board and the thread is called"LS Swap parts what works and what doesnt". Please update with whatever info you get.

If they do in fact work, I myself would love to see pictures showing the angle.
And I apoligize for any mis information.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
If you already have them, then just try them. I'm sure several people are interested in the results.

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
I will look into it and if not as soon as i get a lilbreak from work i probably gonna drop the motor n and test it out i will let u guys know what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor