LS sawp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny87LS

n00b
Sep 10, 2019
Good morning everyone. New to this forum. I have a project that im about to get into. I have a 87 LS monte carlo with the 4.3 v6. 5.3 swap soon. Is there any trouble I might have? (mounts, mount plates etc) thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20190908_143744_HDR.jpg
    20190908_143744_HDR.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 221
Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Good morning everyone. New to this forum. I have a project that im about to get into. I have a 87 LS monte carlo with the 4.3 v6. 5.3 swap soon. Is there any trouble I might have? (mounts, mount plates etc) thanks in advance

Welcome, do a search for LS swap or Holley LS swap here on the forum. You’ll find lots of good information

• Agree

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
The holley ls gbody swap parts are the way to go. It seems expensive until you get it all done and realize you didn't have to modify anything to make it work. No countless hours searching junk yards and want ads for hopefully the right manifold or mount. Do yourself a favor and spend the money upfront. I just did a ls1 swap on my 79 cutlass over the summer. It was super easy and turned out great.

You could be different and go the newer ls based 4.3 like this.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The holley ls gbody swap parts are the way to go. It seems expensive until you get it all done and realize you didn't have to modify anything to make it work. No countless hours searching junk yards and want ads for hopefully the right manifold or mount. Do yourself a favor and spend the money upfront. I just did a ls1 swap on my 79 cutlass over the summer. It was super easy and turned out great.

You could be different and go the newer ls based 4.3 like this.

Saw that on the faceballs... definitely unique.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I am planning a LS swap as well and I second the Holley suggestion. I have searched and even though it’s a little more money it is made specifically to fit so there is no second guessing.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
My BIL had one that looked the exact same. Except his had a roller cam 305, with better exhaust was a decent performer. Old man owned, so not worn out. Your 4.3 V6, probably not so much. Good luck on the swap, there should be a step by step tutorial somewhere, done a million times.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Copy and paste from a previous post I made a few months ago-

The holley kit works well but is engineered to make holley money. If you want a drop in solution its a good option, but there are other ways to do it that will save money.

That extra $200-$400 for holley parts may or may not be worth it depending on your abilities, budget and interests.

My favorite I have seen is

CTS-V oil pan
Spohn swap mounts
4th gen F body block mounts
Stock pickup accessories

Allows stock AC pump location which is a huge win.

The speed engineering G body LS swap headers work well in that application from what I understand. Stainless too.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/81-regal-build-turbo-5-3-4l80e-9-94-138-5mph.432363/
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/ac-notch-or-relocation.60298/

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Copy and paste from a previous post I made a few months ago-

The holley kit works well but is engineered to make holley money. If you want a drop in solution its a good option, but there are other ways to do it that will save money.

That extra $200-$400 for holley parts may or may not be worth it depending on your abilities, budget and interests.

My favorite I have seen is

CTS-V oil pan
Spohn swap mounts
4th gen F body block mounts
Stock pickup accessories

Allows stock AC pump location which is a huge win.

The speed engineering G body LS swap headers work well in that application from what I understand. Stainless too.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/81-regal-build-turbo-5-3-4l80e-9-94-138-5mph.432363/
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/ac-notch-or-relocation.60298/
In regards to the speed Engineering headers, I'd say they would fit darn near perfect with the Holley system. I have them with swap plates which put the motor back further, and had to ding the fire out of at least one tube on each side. Other than that, they are amazing headers for $275, sound great, and look badass as they've started changing colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor