Ls swap 1 wire alt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Hi, can’t seem to find an answer on this that fits my swap… please help. I have a LS1 (98) with 1 wire alternator I have it installed in a 1984 hurst with rally gauges I would like to know how to get the volt gauge to work … what wire or wires do I keep from the stock alternator wires? Is the original gauge even reading out of those wires that went to the original alt or did it read voltage somewhere else ….the more I’m reading online the more confusing it is getting
Thank you

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
It’s not reading voltage from alternator. I believe it is one of the 12 gauge wires coming from the fusible links on the starter than run through the factory pass through below the wiper motor.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
i put a 1-wire alternator on my 87 k10 truck, volt meter still works. i've just got a wire run straight to the battery from the alternator, no other changes. original alternator plug is zip tied to a hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor