LS Swap 4L60e Park issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
Hey guys so the shop working on my regal installed the trans and everything was going good and when he went to park the car off the lift he said the trans feels like it shift into park but the car still moves so he put it on the lift again and yeah wheels still move freely like in neutral. Any ideas what it could be. Trans was brand new and has a warranty but I’m hoping it’s something stupid any ideas? This is the info on the trans

4L60E Rebuilt Transmission 2WD 98-06 LS Style 450 HP Dyno Tested
Remanufactured 4L60E Transmission 450HP
New USA frictions and seals throughout
New high energy 2-4 band
Transgo HD shift kit
Recalibrated Front Pump
All new bushings
New low reverse, and dual cage forward sprag
High Energy 3-4 Clutches
Upgraded “Monster” Sunshell (weak link in all 4L60E’s)
Corvette Servo Upgrade
New thrust washers
Chrome Pan with drain plug
2WD Output Shaft (4×4 Available)
300mm LS Style Bellhousing with Top Center Bolt
Torque Converter not Included
No core charge

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
Have you made sure the linkage is actually engaging park fully?
From what the shop is telling me yes. This is what he sent me.

“Everything is good on trans on the outside even with cable disconnected the actual transmission lever in park the wheels still spin.I was adjusting the cable over and. Over untill i pulled it completely off and that’s how I verified it was the actual trans not shifter cable “

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
sounds like the park pawl inside the trans isn't engaging.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
sounds like the park pawl inside the trans isn't engaging.
Is that something I can get fixed by dropping the pan or am I looking at a rebuild? Kinda frustrated since this was supposed to be a “new build” from trans parts direct.

85Regal801

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2022
Can drop the pan and check it, that is what I was going to say next. Little rod that pushes it.
I’m gonna have to do that once I get it back, he’s not very familiar with transmissions and neither am I but car was gonna get tuned but he wasn’t sure on taking it because of the issue. Chock block in back seat here I come lol at least until I can check the rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor