Ls swap A/C line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2019
What's going on guys? Let me get straight to the point I'm doing a ls swap into a 1987 Monte Carlo SS and my intention is to run A/C. I'm using the ICT Billet r4 truck accessory bracket which mounts on the passenger upper side of the vehicle. The issue I ran into is the 87 Monte Carlo SS A/C condenser outlet is on the driver side and due to the A/C compressor being on the passenger is there anyway I can maintain my current condenser and find a r4 suction line that allows me to utilize what I already have?

Help me out guys.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Get an Olds Cutlass condensor. Oldsmobile V8's had the compressor on the passenger side and will fit on your Monte. Then run Oldsmobile hoses, if you are running a stock V belt replacement R4 compressor. The later serpentine compressors have a slightly different attachment than earlier V belt ones.

Reactions: 1 users
Dec 3, 2019
Get an Olds Cutlass condensor. Oldsmobile V8's had the compressor on the passenger side and will fit on your Monte. Then run Oldsmobile hoses, if you are running a stock V belt replacement R4 compressor. The later serpentine compressors have a slightly different attachment than earlier V belt ones.
Thanks for the help

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
The 88'-92' f-body V8 condenser is a similar option, not sure exactly how they differ but some of us who converted to a GM serpentine belt setup are using that when running A/C. Passenger side inlet/outlet.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
88-92 F Body condenser and lines work almost perfect for a passenger high mount R4 compressor. Just did it in my 85MCSS LS swap. Needed to bend the lines slightly by hand to clear the inner fender, that was the only thing needed.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
88-92 F Body condenser and lines work almost perfect for a passenger high mount R4 compressor. Just did it in my 85MCSS LS swap. Needed to bend the lines slightly by hand to clear the inner fender, that was the only thing needed.

Good info to know, for those of us contemplating an LS swap who want to have functional AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor