LS Swap gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
What gauges are y’all using for LS swaps? I like Dakota, Holley and AutoMeter. What are y’all’s opinions, feedback and other gauges you might have used. Also the cost of them.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Stock rally pack!

99-02 tahoe oil pressure sensor feeds directly to the G body rally gauge cluster
98 firebird LS coolant temp sensor feeds directly to the stock temp gauge

Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Stock rally pack!

99-02 tahoe oil pressure sensor feeds directly to the G body rally gauge cluster
98 firebird LS coolant temp sensor feeds directly to the stock temp gauge

This. In the Monte.

And Speedhut in the wagon.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
81cutlass, what is the official ‘rally gauge cluster’?

My son was giving me grief about my gauge cluster being dead except for the voltmeter and fuel gauge.

An oil pressure gauge and coolant temp would be great and a tach would be better than fabulous.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
81cutlass, what is the official ‘rally gauge cluster’?

My son was giving me grief about my gauge cluster being dead except for the voltmeter and fuel gauge.

An oil pressure gauge and coolant temp would be great and a tach would be better than fabulous.

Any 78-87 g body gage cluster with a tach works, unless it's an 84-87 regal but that's because there is no rally cluster for them.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Any 78-87 g body gage cluster with a tach works, unless it's an 84-87 regal but that's because there is no rally cluster for them.
So what’s the tack need? And any pics?
Mine has the speedo on the left and tach on the right oil pressure, coolant temp, volts and fuel level in the middle.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Mine has the speedo on the left and tach on the right oil pressure, coolant temp, volts and fuel level in the middle.
That's the rally pack gauges.

My car only has idiot lights, I have an 8" horizontal speedo, a 3" horizontal fuel gauge, 3" horizontal gear indicator, and a 3" horizontal odometer. That was standard in the cutlass. The H/O and 442 got the rally pack clusters I believe.
1978-1986-OLDS-OLDSMOBILE-CUTLASS-SUPREME-INSTRUME-for-sale_333919093218.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Tach output is programmed in the ECU, oil pressure is the stock sender, and the water temp is the LT1(?) or early LS1(?) style 3 wire sensor.

It's all spelled out somewhere in my MCSS build.

Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

I have the excel chart I made with wire color and name. The wires are in the engine harness under the brake booster. As long as the car was a factory rally gauge cluster car with tach and oil pressure and temp gauge the wires will be there. Just connect those wires to the sensors.

You can program hptuners to feed output signal that is the correct pulse for the stock tach. Not sure since you have Holley if that programming is even needed. Probably can just hook it up since the stock G body tach is identical in function to an aftermarket one.

1625670587902.png

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor