LS Swap gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Stock 1988 MCSS Cluster converter to electronic speedo to work with my T56 6spd manual.

$10 invested to make this work. I'll take it.

1998 LS1 Fbody Coolant Sensor GM Part # 12551708, 3 wire sensor wired in.
Tach, Voltmeter, Fuel Gauge and Oil Pressure wired correctly where they needed to go.

Reactions: 1 users

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Stock 1988 MCSS Cluster converter to electronic speedo to work with my T56 6spd manual.

$10 invested to make this work. I'll take it.

1998 LS1 Fbody Coolant Sensor GM Part # 12551708, 3 wire sensor wired in.
Tach, Voltmeter, Fuel Gauge and Oil Pressure wired correctly where they needed to go.

X2, exactly what I did as well. 85MCSS cluster, 4L80

BobinHSV

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2018
Dakota HVX. Using Dakota BMI-1 to read data bus from Gen IV LS and display everything on the Dakota dash. All the data comes from the engine sensors through the ECM and BMI-1. Much more data available for display.

Reactions: 2 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
I went with the Holley EFI guages and the module that plugs into the Terminator X Max and love them, but they were salty. made my own mounting bezel from some black plastic and added led indicators

Resized_20210715_163454.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Nice write up. The blazer tachometer seems to work fine in The Chevy rally pack but I haven’t seen anyone do it with an Oldsmobile or other G bodies. The alternative is to spend big money on a digital to analog converter. I chose to go with Dakota digital and don’t regret it. A little pricey but they look factory stock and The illumination is nice.

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
While I like the OE rally gauge set-ups, the aftermarket sources listed also have a speedo that is more 'in tune' w/possible speeds for most upgraded g-body's vs. an 85/115 max.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Nice write up. The blazer tachometer seems to work fine in The Chevy rally pack but I haven’t seen anyone do it with an Oldsmobile or other G bodies.
I've integrated the blazer speedometer into an Olds rally cluster. It seems to be a tighter fit than the mcss cluster. I had to do significant trimming with a Dremel on both the speedometer and the backside of the housing. It was a pain in the a$$ but worth it to have a stock appearing cluster.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor