LS Swap Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So, assuming all goes well (it being as-described) I'll be picking up a well maintained '02 Burb that was a hail victim later this morning to use for parts and spares on my new-to-me yukon.

LS motors aren't my cup of tea, so I plan on bundling together everything that someone would need for a swap that makes it run or drive. Even dealers say "don't get high on your own supply" so I don't feel bad about supporting someone else's ls addiction.

Being an '02 it's a cable driven throttle body (no drive-by-wire parts), so, aside from engine/trans/harness/computer... what all should I make sure to save for someone out of the shell within reason? I don't plan on keeping it around long, or spending a month unbolting and sectioning fuel lines and stuff like that for the ultra frugal. Just pulling what is needed and piling it onto a pallet. (Or I guess offering a discount to whoever wants to just pull things themselves and save me time)

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
cruise cable and module, brake switch, steering column for cruise, fuel lines as far back as possible, p/s hoses, transmission lines, radiator hoses, air intake and mass air flow sensor, heater hoses. if it has electric cooling fans, maybe them and the wiring to them.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Don’t pull it until you sell it so someone can see and hear it run. And most likely will tell you exactly what they want.

If it was an L33 I’d tell you go at with the torch and sawzall and I’ll give you $400 for the motor, and another $400 for the tans if it’s a 2WD 80E. And cut anything except the block, heads and transmission case 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor