LS Swap parts what works and what doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
It seems like the LS swap database thread got cluttered pretty quick so maybe we can all just post what mounts, headers, oil pan etc we used to help get people on the right track. There are alot of companies saying their mounts work but only with their headers and oilpans, etc.

My setup:
BRP engine mounts
Iceman 4L60e crossmember
Hedman LS G-body swap headers
GM Musclecar oil pan
Holley front engine accessory drive bracket w/AC
Custom length driveshaft

Everyone else please post yours, the more we add the easier it will be for others 8)

Reactions: 1 user

MonteCruz

n00b
Apr 3, 2013
Los Angeles Ca
Well I have not finished my build but if everything goes according to plan my set up will be

Trans Dapt 4572 motor mounts <-----Did not work for me
200r4 trans with Painless Lock up kit 60110
Hedman Husler LS G-body swap headers 45000
I used the original truck pan and cut off 2 inches

I am in the need of advice. Reading these forums I now understand that I purchased the wrong motor mounts. I have now ordered Trans Dapt 4595 Motor mounts. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
79loserbluebu, do you have the part #'s for the holley accessory bracket or the BRP engine mounts? Thanks.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
MonteCruz said:
I am in the need of advice. Reading these forums I now understand that I purchased the wrong motor mounts. I have now ordered Trans Dapt 4595 Motor mounts. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

I used them and had to grind down them down a bit... and relocate my ps pump, notch my non a/c heater box and use a CTS-V oil pan.. not sure about he headers and truck pan though. seems like cutting it down 2in's should be good.. What is your engine off of? look on my photobucket link on my sig... but you'll have to sift through the pics :lol:

82Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2011
Blue Knight said:
Home made motor mounts, alt bracket and trans crossmember.
Stock pan
Truck passenger exhaust manifold corvette drivers.
Tahoe hoses

What did you do for your fuel tank & fuel pump ?

jdietschweiler

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2011
Janesville, Wi
82Calais said:
Blue Knight said:
Home made motor mounts, alt bracket and trans crossmember.
Stock pan
Truck passenger exhaust manifold corvette drivers.
Tahoe hoses

What did you do for your fuel tank & fuel pump ?

Sumped tank and inline fuel pump. Was a bosch 044 now a walbro 255. At first the car was injected but now it is carbed.

A mallory bypass regulator is what I needed. If/when i go back injected my fueling issues ate covered.

jdietschweiler

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2011
Janesville, Wi
20130316_183501-1.jpg

I do have a return line, you dont deadhead these types of pumps.

Btw..i bought the tank already sumped.

finch

n00b
Aug 23, 2010
Anyone know about S&P headers. They seem cost competitive with hedman, come with O2 port and have interior and exterior coatings. I wonder if they have tolerance to fit with 1" rear offset motor configuration.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
after buying some "e-bay" motor mount that did not work . I bought hooker # 12621HKR, but these set the motor forward 1 1/8'' and 1/2" up.i can still close my hood with truck intake. have 2002 f body exhaust manifolds on , but the driver side kinda points at the kick in of the frame, wanna find long tube headers with these mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 2,769
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor