LS swap wagon edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tberstler4

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2022
I’ve seen some great write ups in the ls swap category but I’d like to know who’s done a wagon ls. Is there any differences or issues you ran into? I have a 79 century wagon that im pulling the Pontiac 301 and turbo 350 out and will sell those. Going to do a 5.3 with a cam 862 heads and a turbo with a th350 and a 8.8 rear end. Which in tank fuel pump would accommodate that with a wagon stock tank?

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
I’ve seen some great write ups in the ls swap category but I’d like to know who’s done a wagon ls. Is there any differences or issues you ran into? I have a 79 century wagon that im pulling the Pontiac 301 and turbo 350 out and will sell those. Going to do a 5.3 with a cam 862 heads and a turbo with a th350 and a 8.8 rear end. Which in tank fuel pump would accommodate that with a wagon stock tank?
NO replies?

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
On a wagon using an in tank fuel pump is the biggest problem but not so much with the aftermarket sandwich/drop in style pump, other than that standard LS G-Body swap stuff applies. As far as the 8.8, that also has some hinges depending on Mustang or Explorer.

Also, FYI, the Wagon's forum might just be one of the most unused forums here.

Reactions: 1 users

Tberstler4

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2022
On a wagon using an in tank fuel pump is the biggest problem but not so much with the aftermarket sandwich/drop in style pump, other than that standard LS G-Body swap stuff applies. As far as the 8.8, that also has some hinges depending on Mustang or Explorer.

Also, FYI, the Wagon's forum might just be one of the most unused forums here.
So I got an 8.8 out of a mustang and the trick chassis swap kit. Also ordered the Astro van in tank sensing unit and going to order a walbro 450 pump for it.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Other than the fuel tank, the EFI conversion will be the same. You may want to rig up a baffle, or make absolutely sure not to go under 1/4 tank to keep from uncovering the pickup during accel/decel/turns. Holley makes a series of pickups called Hydramats. May have magnets to keep it in place, but it serves a virtual baffle, sitting on the bottom of the tank. The price may inspire some more creative thinking, but, it's a solution for the non-standard tank. No G wagon ever came with EFI.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor