LS truck accessory fitment in a G-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Can anyone verify if the truck bracketry for the power steering pump will clear the steering shaft, gear, and frame?

If you couldn't tell, I'm in process of building something - I'm using motor mounts plates from AllStar performance that are replicas of every other plate out there. And I will not have A/C as I won't even have heat other than an electric heater lol - putting on a heater box delete panel.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Can anyone verify if the truck bracketry for the power steering pump will clear the steering shaft, gear, and frame?

If you couldn't tell, I'm in process of building something - I'm using motor mounts plates from AllStar performance that are replicas of every other plate out there. And I will not have A/C as I won't even have heat other than an electric heater lol - putting on a heater box delete panel.
Yep, clears all day. In some scenarios you'll have to get a smaller PS pulley. I can't vouch myself since I'm running an aftermarket FEAD, but guys on here are using the truck stuff.

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Thanks Scott!!!! Onto to the next fitment dilemma that will require test fitting the motor and trans!

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Fits great, PS truck lines bolt right up to the later metric steering box. Lines are a bit long but it works.
20190928_155847.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Stock truck accessories on my GP, stock front to back position, as low as I could get the stock truck pan.

People talk about the pulley hitting the steering box but I can't figure out how. I have a solid 3/4".

Attachments

• IMG_20180314_201839.jpg
    IMG_20180314_201839.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 603
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Thanks for the replies guys. You're saving me some time and effort.

Yesterday I got the trans member made and test fit a couple of pans on a junk block. The SUV pan hangs about an inch below the cross member - much better than the truck pan. Also, it's a rear sump, no concern about running out of oil and having to modify the pickup.

I'm going to add a 'deflector' on the bottom of the cross member to protect the inch of hang down.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Reactions: 1 users

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Any of you guys using stock truck accessories have an issue with the alternator sitting too high? I dropped mine in today and no way am I going to be able to close my hood. Holley mounts used. Also, anyone able to retain their factory ac/heater box? Using the motor mount locations Holley recommended it hit the heater box with no chance of fitting, then I moved the mounts towards the front of the car in the next set of holes and it cleared my heater box, but now my power steering pulley wont clear...
Anyone have info on the smaller diameter one and where I can get it?

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor