Ls water pump Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Laurin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2016
Halifax, Canada
I,m dropping a 5.3 into my 79 Malibu and was wondering with the steam line under the intake. Its usually plumbed into the upper rad hose, Is there any reason i cant drill and tap the water pump just before the outlet and plumb it in there. It would be so much cleaner looking.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Yep thats what I did. I ran copper line and drilled and tapped an NPT port in the pump itself right behind the thermostat in the area the heater hoses go in. Had to curve around my tensioner
1547563287394.png

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I,m dropping a 5.3 into my 79 Malibu and was wondering with the steam line under the intake. Its usually plumbed into the upper rad hose, Is there any reason i cant drill and tap the water pump just before the outlet and plumb it in there. It would be so much cleaner looking.

I had a rubber hose on mine with no issues. IMO, the most logical way to do it is plumb directly back to the water pump. There are many documented cases of doing this without issues.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor