LS with Tremec TKO-mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm contemplating an LS swap, using a Tremec TKO 5 speed. I would like to go with the Holley mounts, but they don't list on their site specifically for that combination. They list for LS with T56 or T6060, but not a 5 speed. I called their tech line, and spoke with one of the folks there. He told me that Holley hasn't done an LS swap buildup with a 5 speed yet, that's why they don't list parts for it. He suggested using the mounting kit for a 4L60E, then positioning the crossmember in the spot where the TKO will fit, and mounting it to the frame in that spot. Anyone here have any experience with this?

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'm sure someone has done it somewhere. The issue will be finding that person. I can't think.of anyone off hand that I've ever heard of doing it. Good luck!

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Compare the TKO side view to what they make and see where the mount points are.

Then again depends on where your engine mounts are, as in where the engine is sitting. Can slide it all too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor