Ls1 Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I found a guy selling the ls1 accessories as a package, Alternator w/braket, Ps w/bracket, AC compressor and all the tensioners and pulleys, No water pump.
So here's my deal I have an 2014 LY6, Will the LS1 accessories fit on the LY6, I know Ill need the matching waterpump and crank pulley so basically is are all the bolt holes going to work with the LS! accessories?
The guy is asking 500bucks and its all used stuff whats the consensus on if its worth that? Seems a little high to me unless it was all like reman-ed.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
So here's my deal I have an 2014 LY6, Will the LS1 accessories fit on the LY6, I know Ill need the matching waterpump and crank pulley so basically is are all the bolt holes going to work with the LS! accessories?

Nice score on the LY6. They have the more desirable L92 heads and make almost 400hp on unleaded regular. $500 for used accessories is way too much. An LS1 drive system will not fit. Your engine has VVT (which is good) so it requires the long water pump drive system which you can find on any GM truck in the salvage yard. You could buy a complete set up for half that. There are some odd ball variants but for the most part there are 3 basic systems, short, medium length and long water pump drive systems. If memory serves me, the LS1 is medium length in the F body and short for the Corvette application.

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sounds pretty high to me. I don't think the low mount compressor will work well with the g body chassis but I'm not an expert on an LS swap into a G body. I did one in a 2nd gen Camaro. For $585 you can get the Corvette accessory drive less A/C compressor new. Then just go with the high passenger side compressor setup of your choice. On my brother's car we used the Holley bracket and an R4 and it works great and looks at home.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/na...-performance&gclid=CNP-ha2Lq88CFQQJaQodIyMDPQ

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Also, just me, I would ditch the VVT setup and run an LS3 timing cover. I know the truck accessories are cheap but the alternator is way too close to the hood IMO. I don't like the look of the truck accessories or intake.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Thanks for the input guys. I thought that 500 bucks was a bit much for that stuff. But it's not easy to find the whole set up from 1 car like that. Trucks yes that's easy.
As for the engine mine has the 823 casting heads and I'm not sure I'm keeping the vvt. I will most likely take it off and sell it. I may even carb it. Depends on what comes my way as far as harness and ecu. Plus tuning will not be something I can do my self.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We put an L96 in my brother's car. We sold the entire VVT setup as a kit. Cam phaser, timing chain and gears, timing cover, balancer, etc. I don't remember what he got for it but it sold fast.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
As for the engine mine has the 823 casting heads and I'm not sure I'm keeping the vvt. .

I liked the fact that VVT provides more low end torque....a weakness with LS based engines especially when using high flow, large runner L92 heads. VVT offers more power under the curve, more low end torque and better fuel economy. I bought the Texas Speed kit below which included the cam phaser tuning values so my tuner doesn't have to mess with it. Some guys eliminate it because they do not completely understand the technology....Its been discussed at length. Unless your car will be track duty only with a huge stall converter I would keep EFI and VVT.

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-260-tsp-l99-vvt-camshaft-package.aspx

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
On my brother's car we wanted a cable driven throttle body so we are running the Lingenfelter converter box and a Gen III PCM which won't run VVT.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I liked the fact that VVT provides more low end torque....a weakness with LS based engines especially when using high flow, large runner L92 heads. VVT offers more power under the curve, more low end torque and better fuel economy. I bought the Texas Speed kit below which included the cam phaser tuning values so my tuner doesn't have to mess with it. Some guys eliminate it because they do not completely understand the technology....Its been discussed at length. Unless your car will be track duty only with a huge stall converter I would keep EFI and VVT.

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-260-tsp-l99-vvt-camshaft-package.aspx

Trust me I get the advantage of having the vvt system. The issue is controlling it? I dont have an ecu or harness yet. So far I have a few good deals in the works that can net me a harness and ecu But the the set ups are all from the older 6.0's that didnt have vvt.
If I went with an older efi set up or carb, is there a way to control the vvt? An rpm switch or something?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
A
Trust me I get the advantage of having the vvt system. The issue is controlling it? I dont have an ecu or harness yet. So far I have a few good deals in the works that can net me a harness and ecu But the the set ups are all from the older 6.0's that didnt have vvt.
If I went with an older efi set up or carb, is there a way to control the vvt? An rpm switch or something?

l am using a 2009 6.0 VVT Express van tune loaded on a factory E38 ECU. Any 6.0 or 6.2 harness would work with mods. The key is using a newer ECM that can manage VVT. The older red / blue connector ECMs won't work. If the harness does not have VVT, adding the 2 wires to the plug is not a big deal. Pin numbers are 44 and 52 on connector X2. Regarding the RPM switch idea, the older VVT phaser technology uses a fixed 2 position control (not variable) so it might work. I just haven't heard anyone doing it successfully. Personally I struggle with putting an old school carburetor on an modern engine and would make every effort to keep EFI. Later you will be glad you did. Many people do a carb and later upgrade to EFI. Beaterolds (Doug) is one of them.

If you haven't studied the harness layouts this is a good resource.

http://lt1swap.com/2010camaro.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor