LS2 my 80 Grand Am - donor secured

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
This isn't a koan or riddle but what he might not be seeing is the politics. In other words what may have driven the decision was some kind of bureaucratic exercise. After all, what is insurance but a bet between the insurer and the insured, using the insured's money, about the probability or odds that an accident or some kind of damage or injury could happen. Any statistician or probability analyst, or even a Las Vegas bookie, taking a peek at this, would state unequivocally that its sucker bet.

Like I have offered before, the insurer may have come into possession of the vehicle and not had the documentation to go with it so it could be sold legally so they offed it to score a few bucks. That potentially being the case, I'd wonder just how many other cars they've dumped using the same method. The other thing here is that, by virtue of age, that GTO is beyond the ten year limit. Whether or not age is a factor in terms of there being insurance available for it or if insurers are refusing to paper older cars due to some kind of increased liability issue? Couldn't day.

Nick

smed7880

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2010
This is Tony. Ordered BlackHeart parts via amazon. My Torino is wrapping up. Time to start updating her car and this thread.

The GTO cant be saved. But that lowered the price. It has run well everytime it has been started.

Fuel tank. I ordered the tank as a kit after pricing out the needed parts. Holley Sniper 19-144 255lph supports up to 550hp. Since it will stay stock LS2 from the GTO this should work. The tank is bolt in and comes with pump, neck, gaskets. Its made for the car. $710.

Transmission mount. The transmission crossmember 12644HKR-1 for $320, the attachment plate 11655HKR for the 4L80e for $37, the transmission mount 71223029HKR for $56.

Engine mount. 12643HKR for $208, supposed to give 3.5 inches of room. 71221014HKR (2) for $32 each, 71221004HKR (2) for $22 each.

Measurements of the LS2 to Gbody oil pan are close. The 3.5 inches and the ease of install using the Blackheart line hopefully combine to eliminate the oil pan swap and need for headers. Ill know once i try to install the eng and trans. Expecting steering interference.

Harvesting all front drive and accessories. Power steering and air conditioning are questions. Hope to get lucky.

AC not working in gto. If i can use the GTO in dash equipment ill replace the evap and compressor. If not eventual Vintage Air.

Radiator and fans are close but will not know how much room i have until engine is in the bay.

Eventual Sniper TermX Max 550-919 for $1667 but that will have to wait until the car is ready for it. 24X CRANK - 1X CAM - EV6 INJECTORS - TRANSMISSION CONTROL

Parts are coming this week. Goal is to start this weekend with the gto teardown.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
I take it that this is the GTO from the thread where it had been written off for Chicken **** damage that could just as easily have been repaired. Well, that truly blows chunks but at least it's soul will get a new home.

Do keep us posted and pics are always nice to ogle.

Nick

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Shame to hear about the GTO but hope it makes your project fly

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor