LS3 Accessory Drive System

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2015
Apologies for asking a question that's probably been dealt with a million times before...

I understand that there are a couple of options for accessory drives when putting an LS into a G-Body, namely the truck system and the 4th gen F-Body system.

No-one appears to sell these as complete systems anymore, so I'm guessing my best option is to piece parts together.

Is it as simple as going to Jegs et al and bringing up all the relevant parts for a 4th Gen Camaro?

As far as I can tell, I need the following for a non-A/C system.

Alternator and mounting bracket
P/S pump, reservoir and bracket
Idler
Tensioner
Belt

I'm using a crate LS3, so I'm presuming I'll also need to switch out the harmonic balancer for a Camaro version, and also the water pump for a Camaro one too as the accessory drive system for the Camaro sits further out from the front of engine.

Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor