LS3 Injectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I am planning on building a LS3 and I am trying to decide if the stock injectors would be enough. I am shooting for around 600hp but I’m not married to that number. It will be a non stroked motor. I know stock is 42lbs what size should I go with. The motor will be N/A. I would rather not change them out after the fact. Also what injector companies does everyone recommend

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I am planning on building a LS3 and I am trying to decide if the stock injectors would be enough. I am shooting for around 600hp but I’m not married to that number. It will be a non stroked motor. I know stock is 42lbs what size should I go with. The motor will be N/A. I would rather not change them out after the fact. Also what injector companies does everyone recommend

For my Z71 turbo project I plan on de capping some plain Jane used truck injectors and have them flowed.
You can spend serious money on injectors. Silly really since de capping them has been done successfully on many builds.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
600 is alot for being NA. Decapped truck injectors work in boosted application but I wouldn't want to use them like this. The spray pattern is a stream instead of a cone.
60lb/hr would be Overkill but also have room to grow and would be running at reasonable duty cycles. I run Deka 80s on my Malibu but have no experience with big power na stuff so can't recommend a particular brand.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I realize 600 is a lot for N/A I doubt I’ll get that high but I would like it in the upper 500’s which I believe is definitely doable. Just don’t want to starve the engine and I don’t want to go over 80% duty cycle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor