LS6 Chevelle Rotting in the Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
When it comes to muscle cars the 64-65 GTOs will always be my favorite, but I will drool all over an LS6 Chevelle. Even this poor example.

It blows my mind to think the person who owns it just lets it sit there and rot. At least pull it out of the woods, park it on some concrete and cover it.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Cars like that are out there. Theres's a '64 GTO (or possibly a GTO badged Lemans) not too far from me sitting in a field. Looks like it hasn't moved in 20 years. My dad stopped and knocked on the door a couple years ago. "I'm gonna restore that some day." Yet someday never comes. There's a '65 in town too that has not moved from it's spot in the driveway in at least 6 years. Same "someday" story from that guy too.

Reactions: 1 user

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
I've got a 67 Nova by me setting in a driveway with a cover that all ripped and rusting away for 20 years. I stopped and he said do you see a for sale on it. Oh well.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That's pretty roached. What a shame. As long at the VIN & Fisher tags are good shape, some parts are salvageable it would be good to build a repop body into a LS6 clone.

• Agree
Nov 4, 2012
Its so dickish when people get insulted if you ask them if their car is for sale. I get an occasional compliment on my truck and my BMW and people have asked me if they were for sale. I take it as a compliment, someone else likes my car enough that they want to own it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I get asked all the time if my El Camino is for sale. It's not, but I'm certainly not pissed about being asked. Difference is, I drive mine instead of letting it rot into the ground.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I get asked all the time if my El Camino is for sale. It's not, but I'm certainly not pissed about being asked. Difference is, I drive mine instead of letting it rot into the ground.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I only get upset when people ASSUME my car is for sale and kinda forcibly demand a price after I say it's not for sale. Not "is it for sale?" or "would you be interested in selling it?" (I'm OK with that), but what makes me moderately upset is when they ask "How much" with the assumption it will be for sale. Issue is nobody that asks how much is willing to pay anything more than what a rusty 89 B body is worth with a blown engine.

Old cars that sit for 10 years plus should turn into public domain :p

• Haha

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It breaks my heart to see cars like that reverting back to nature. It makes you wonder how many cars like this were parked, forgotten, and left to rot away. It's a shame. People would rather let it rot away than sell it to someone who'd restore it and give it a second chance at life.
That Chevelle is absolutely salvageable and complete. Normally when you see cars like that left in the words, it's usually a bare body, no engine, trans, and rear end.

I remember riding in my friends brand new '71 LS6 Chevelle at the time. All I can is, it was one of the fastest muscle cars of that era that I've ever ridden in. I was totally impressed watching the cowl induction flap open as he was accelerating. Looking at that Chevelle kind of brings me back in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor