Lsa Supercharger on 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gula187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
Im really interested in this setup for my swap, and was wondering how must power can a 6.0 put down with ported heads, cam and a lsa supercharger? i've been searching around and the supercharger is inexpensive

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Im really interested in this setup for my swap, and was wondering how must power can a 6.0 put down with ported heads, cam and a lsa supercharger? i've been searching around and the supercharger is inexpensive

Without too much effort 600 plus. I am doing this swap now on a super clean 2006 Avalanche. Our tuner tells me if we tune it for E85 you can gain another 100 hp.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I don't think you will gain 100rwhp, 100hp at the crank yes. When i went E85 on my CTSV i gained 43rwhp on e70. Really all depneds on how aggressive you want to go on the timing and your tuner. Also isnt the LS2 a cathedral port head? If so the LSA blower wont work with those heads. But to give you an idea i have a 2.45 upper pulley, catlless test pipes, cai, and flex fuel and made 601rwhp and 594rwtq

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Gen IV 6.0 Vortec truck engines have the rectangular port 'L92' style heads.

Reactions: 1 user

gula187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
I don't think you will gain 100rwhp, 100hp at the crank yes. When i went E85 on my CTSV i gained 43rwhp on e70. Really all depneds on how aggressive you want to go on the timing and your tuner. Also isnt the LS2 a cathedral port head? If so the LSA blower wont work with those heads. But to give you an idea i have a 2.45 upper pulley, catlless test pipes, cai, and flex fuel and made 601rwhp and 594rwtq
What your build consist of if you don't mind me asking

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
I'd like to go this route someday. The LSA is one baaaad mutha f*****! I'm building an LQ9 for the monte currently and an LSA blower would look beautiful perched on top of it. For those in favor of keeping the cathedrals, there are adapter plates (as in cheaper than new heads) available if you look hard enough. I'll figure out where I found them, but i'm fairly certain someone on LS1tech was peddling their design.

gula187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
I'd like to go this route someday. The LSA is one baaaad mutha f*****! I'm building an LQ9 for the monte currently and an LSA blower would look beautiful perched on top of it. For those in favor of keeping the cathedrals, there are adapter plates (as in cheaper than new heads) available if you look hard enough. I'll figure out where I found them, but i'm fairly certain someone on LS1tech was peddling their design.
hows the hood clearance? thats my only concern as of now

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Gen IV 6.0 Vortec truck engines have the rectangular port 'L92' style heads.

Bingo...and Jared is right again. Plan is to pull the anemic 5.3 and put in a low mileage Ly6 which already has the L92 heads. In my opinion, using those adapter plates is a cluster and for bigger cube engines L92's are a better head anyway. Cathedral port LS heads are a thing of the past.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Also isnt the LS2 a cathedral port head? If so the LSA blower wont work with those heads. But to give you an idea i have a 2.45 upper pulley, catlless test pipes, cai, and flex fuel and made 601rwhp and 594rwtq

I like your CTS-V. Nice set up. Base engine for the Avalanche is a low mileage LY6 with ported L92's, long tubes, and custom grind cam. The 100 hp I was referring to is an E85 specific tune which personally I am not excited about because according to my tuner you shouldn't run regular pump gas with it. When we have Dyno results I will post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor