LSX G-body Swap Write Up

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
my personal opinion is if you are going to do a ls then why on earth would you put a carb on a modern engine? its honestly cheaper to keep the EFI in most cases. there are affordable services that will rework the harness and flash the computer cheap. I also recently started seeing shaved 5.3 intakes that look awesome so you don't even have to switch to a LS1 intake now. intake, carb, ignition controller..... all add up to more than the wire harness rework and computer flash. check this link for an example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/wiring-harness- ... 15&vxp=mtr

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
regalman i agree with you. Fuel injection is an awesome system great mileage great powerband. The shaved truck intakes look awesome im buying one for my truck when i LS swap it. But why go carbed i have a few answers to that question. The big primary one is that even though EFI is pretty damn easy with a flashed pcm, and a plug and play harness. It still scares the crap out of alot of people. Some just wanna dip there toe in the LS water and try it out first before taking the plunge into EFI.

People i talk to get confused on why im putting a carb on my malibus LS but yet at the same time putting EFI on my truck. My truck is a driver i want the mileage and bump key starts. My Malibu on the other hand is a toy thats going to see alot of cam changes, spring changes etc at test and tunes. So lord knows im not gonna send my pcm to a tuner each time im playing around with different combinations lol. And some people like that. They wanna change a cam or rear end gear and call it a day myself included.

For anyone else reading my post dont let EFI scare you its an awesome system. If you wanna go carbed then i support you. But i promise you this it scares you now with all those wires and junk. But with a plug and play harness like PSI and a stock ls ecm or Holley with there big fancy ecm and harness its really not any harder than a carb.

jobe41off

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2012
which pan did you use. correct me if I am wrong but the dimensions of the muscle car pan are the same as the stock truck pan that's on this motor, at least according to the pictures on jegs and summit

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
jobe41off said:
which pan did you use. correct me if I am wrong but the dimensions of the muscle car pan are the same as the stock truck pan that's on this motor, at least according to the pictures on jegs and summit
The muscle car pan will hang below the crossmember so if your car is lowered its not the best call. However it is shorter than the truck pan. The muscle car pan is the Hummer pan maybe that's were your confused

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Anubis said:
jacobdavis1979 said:
The shaved truck intakes look awesome im buying one for my truck when i LS swap it. .

Where can you buy a "shaved" truck intake?
Join a lsx swap parts group on Facebook. Guys will shave them and dip them for a good price

War Machine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2014
jacobdavis1979 said:
Anubis said:
jacobdavis1979 said:
The shaved truck intakes look awesome im buying one for my truck when i LS swap it. .

Where can you buy a "shaved" truck intake?
Join a lsx swap parts group on Facebook. Guys will shave them and dip them for a good price
I've seen them, very nice especially when they're hydrodipped. But are they holding up well to boost being shaved?

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I don't know about boost but natural works fine. That plastic is pretty strong

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I know on the first page of this thread it says s10 headers fit really well. Can someone verify that for sure?? I bought some cheap shorty headers on ebay and the passenger side fits but the driver dont. I was wanting to buy the s10 headers i see the driver side is a different shape than the ones i purchased. But i wanna know for sure before i buy another set.

War Machine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2014
The muscle car pan will hang below the crossmember so if your car is lowered its not the best call. However it is shorter than the truck pan. The muscle car pan is the Hummer pan maybe that's were your confused
The truck pan is 8" from where it bolts to the block to the sump. How deep is the muscle car pan or the "Hummer" pan at the sump?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor