lsx swap headers. question on installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

87luxsprt

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2012
POMONA
I have the lsx swap 1' setback plates. and seen a few guys used the cheap 'o eBay headers. So I grabbed me a pair. There the long tube hearders. 1 7/8 primary's 3 inch collectors. Anywho. I tried to test fit them. And there seems no way to get them in there. Any one have any good tips in installing long tube headers. Going on a 1987 Monte carlo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-21-18-14-29-1-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-21-18-14-29-1-1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 257

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
If those are F body headers and im sure they are. The driver side collector comes out at an angle towards the outside of the car. You need to cut it and flip it the other way or shorten a section of it to straighten it out so it doesnt hit the frame. The passenger side header fits good i think. The pipe for the #4 cylinder will have to be dented to clear the frame and the upper a arm. Dont quote me on that.

Have you tried putting them in from under the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor