LSX Swap Motor Mounts & Headers Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
I just bought a 5.3 LS salvage yard pull out for my 85 Cutlass Supreme. I am doing a head port job, cam upgrade, and carb setup with the engine. What swap mounts are you guys using for the g-body? I'm having a hard time finding the right ones. What full length headers will fit in a g-body? Guys have told me ls1 camaro headers will, and other guys said that I have to get specific swap headers. Thanks

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
I used a set of cheap ebay f body headers. Then I used a BFH to make a dent in one of the tubes on the passenger side. I also use solid mounts too so it cant move and hit. I just used Transdapt plates with solid Moroso clamshells. I dont remember if they are 1" back or stock placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor