LSx Swap Parts Database

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
I would say its safe to assume to adding the tensioner/damper is a good upgrade, expecially for boosted applications.

The tensioner is good for maintaining proper valvetrain events and cam timing (there is a sensor there tracking it for many purposes); the damper is only good for keeping the chain from becoming bungled and whipping itself off and into an early grave. In short: chain stretch bad.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Does anybody have the part# fir the windage tray that comes with the gm pan kit? I have the pan and pickup tube, but no tray. I've spent alot of time trying to locate the correct part#, searched different forums, etc with conflicting results. Any help is appreciated!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well....i ended up answering my own question while on the quest to locate the correct windage tray for the GM LH8 oil pan. After reading many threads on LS1tech, i called the dealer and got the info i needed.

That being said, if anybody doing an LS swap has the hummer pan, but no windage tray, its readily available. I got mine from summit since i was ordering other stuff anyway. Attached is the part #, and the description clearly states the application. Hope this helps guys.
20170504_083234.png

Reactions: 2 users

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
I've been looking for that myself. Good Info! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

ContactAdmin@GBodyForum.comfor info on becoming a sponsor