LSx Swap Parts Database

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
I figured it would be nice to have a thread where a guy can find all the part #s and what works. Feel free to pitch in if you guys have some stuff to add.

Coolant Temp Sender (98 Camaro 3-wire) 12551708 or TX111
(I don't have the part # for the pigtail, but they're quite common in '99-up cars+ trucks. My Ebay item # was 120777784118)
(I also don't have any part #s for the oil pressure adapter)

B&M TC lockup controller 70244

If you use the Hooker cast LS1 exhaust manifolds you can use steel 2.5" flanges- Patriot H7265 $10.95 w/gaskets! I think you might be able to use these flanges on a set of Ls1 Camaro exhaust manifolds too... (?)

TCI flywheel Speedway item # 282399753 ( the price on this keeps going up and up)

Lokar dipstick Speeday item# 4915008

A/C compressor and alternator: I used a 1991 Camaro 5.7 compressor and a 1996 Chevy 5.7 truck alternator (alt fits LS bracket)

More to come

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
Awesome idea, I subscribed! I currently get 8 mpg.....I predict I'll go LSx in the near future, lol

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY! These are my part numbers for LS truck motor to G body:

Cheap headers that worked for me (pass side needed hammering) Pacesetter 702256

Dual Plane intake and MSD combo kit Edelbrock 7118

Smaller P/S pulley to clear steering box Dorman 300-201

Crank spacer for curved flexplates GM 12563532

LS1 motor mounts: 1” setback – will need new holes drilled in K member Trans Dapt 4516

165 deg thermostat SLE 100223

There is a perfect “U” hose for the water pump - if you want to bypass the heater Dayco # 87629 or Kelly-Springfield #S-4354

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
All you rich guys disregard this:

When I am looking to buy, I Google the part number and then hit the "shopping" button, then the "sort by price" button. Some of the smaller speed shops have HUGE markup.

Reactions: 1 user

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
LS1GN said:
All you rich guys disregard this:
:lol: :lol:

I don't think there a whole lot of those around here! Maybe retards like me who buy crap and then find out I could have done it much cheaper if I was paying attention! :roll:

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Pacesetter headers DO NOT work with the BRP mounts. I beleive the only headers that will bolt in are the BRP's.

Northern radiator makes a cheap alternative radiator vs the Be Cool and other high price brands for same side inlet/outlet aluminum radiators

A couple combinations that work

BRP engine mounts
Iceman 4L60E crossmember
BRP headers
Musclecar pan/Holley pan

Setback mounts
Iceman crossmember
F-body Pacesetter headers
CTS-V/narrowed F-body/truck

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
If you need to use the dished flexplate for your LS swap and are using a 4L60E, don't bother with a GM flexplate
http://www.converter.cc/product_p/sfi-ls1.htm

A good mod is an oil catch can instead of the crappy PCV these engines had. Regardless of what is done or what you are planning to do it's a mod worth it's weight in oil :lol:
http://sdparts.com/details/mnmpcvccbk

Intake couplers and pipes from here
www.intakehoses.com

Airaid makes an awesome product for people like us custom engine swappers with this "universal" intake tube. Really nice piece actually
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... d&_sacat=0

For anyone in the process of their build and planning on going to a FAST intake in the future, upgrade your MAF now and save money later. Here's two things you can buy to make yourself a 100mm fast for half what others charge for pre-made ones. Just convert your 3/5 wire to the LS7 schematic and get your car retuned and your good. The MAF is cheaper at a dealership I just wanted to put a link up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spectre-Perform ... 95&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS7-LS3-Corvett ... 5f&vxp=mtr

Ill just keep adding more I'm bored and still waiting for my trans and converter to return

Apr 14, 2012
just joined today because i may be getting a 79 supreme and have a ls6 ima drop in it but ne ways, stumbled upon this thread and love it already!! what about wiring the dash gauges to the ecm so everything works properly???

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
79_cutty_guy said:
just joined today because i may be getting a 79 supreme and have a ls6 ima drop in it but ne ways, stumbled upon this thread and love it already!! what about wiring the dash gauges to the ecm so everything works properly???

You'll have to track down each person's build thread and follow along. I think the EFI guys are using a speed-density tune and either running a 700r4 with a cable to the speedo, or 4l60e with aftermarket gauges. I'm not real sure on that though. I did a carb on mine this time.

Where'd u find a LS6? They're kinda hard to come by

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor