LSx Swap Parts Database

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
Wanna know what you LQ9 swappers are running. Part numbers or models I can pick from at the JY.

It's my understanding that the truck accessories will hit the k member, oil pan needs more clearance and the intake will hit the hood. Has anybody used the hummer oil pan?

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
Wanna know what you LQ9 swappers are running. Part numbers or models I can pick from at the JY.

It's my understanding that the truck accessories will hit the k member, oil pan needs more clearance and the intake will hit the hood. Has anybody used the hummer oil pan?
I have the hummer pan but I haven't installed the engine yet. From what I've seen online it hangs down a little lower than the k member.

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
I have the hummer pan but I haven't installed the engine yet. From what I've seen online it hangs down a little lower than the k member.

That's not too bad, my 7qt on the 355 hangs a little lower as it is

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
keep us posted garrett

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Overview of the LS family from the May 2016 Super Chevy. Also features an '81 El Camino with a mountain of chrome poking out of the engine bay on the cover. If you don't buy paper magazines much, this issue would be worth purchasing as a keeper for the reference shelf. It also has a good write-up of vacuum advance ignition basics.

Attachments

• LS Finder's Guide part 1.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 630
  • LS Finder's Guide part 2.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,019
  • LS Finder's Guide part 3.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 594

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
Depends on what you have, where you're starting from. Do you have a decent transmission? Serviceable V8 radiator? Exhaust? Fuel pump? Can you fab little things and be creative or do you have to keep buying/paying for stuff?

I probably have between $2500-$3500 in mine.

The biggies for me were:
6 liter from wrecked Escalade $1300
Intake and MSD combo $700
headers/exhaust $550
carburetor $300
odds and ends, misc. etc $200

The funny thing was the motor mounts were only $69 - I figured they'd have to be custom and very expensive
If you don't mind my asking, where did you source the mounts?

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
any body know of a good site that has bolt size's i need all the bolts for the alt bracket to the block and heads, ls1 5.3, i got the bracket but no bolts came with it, a few look to be 4 inch and a one 5 inch long, thought it would be easyier to ask than run back and forth to the ace hardware

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor