LT1 swap update - split loom install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
This may sound off-beat but I assess engine maintenance mostly by spark plug accessibility. The Pontiac V-8 being the easiest and the LT1 being the hardest. Just a thought.

Reactions: 1 user

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
This may sound off-beat but I assess engine maintenance mostly by spark plug accessibility. The Pontiac V-8 being the easiest and the LT1 being the hardest. Just a thought.
oh, i don't know about that. chevy powered g-bodies are easier then you think. just pull the wheels and go through the wheel wells. easy peasy.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I just did plugs on my Camaro, they're not that bad. 5 and 7 went through the bottom and I have oil cooler lines in the way. The rest were easy peasy. Then again, I'm ignorant to all the crap a street car carries. Mine's gutted.

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
About these in tank pumps, aren’t many of them similar enough to interchange? I have a Walbro 190 from my Foxbody sitting on the shelf. Might that work in the Z28 tank, at least as a diagnostic approach?

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
You should be able to make that work to fire the motor, but you're not planning to run the F body tank are you? They're a really weird wedge shape.

I wasn’t sure about using the f body tank. What’s the standard method on swaps like this? Use the g body tank, sender and install an external pump?

Th car actually has an external pump now. Carter suitable for carb use. I pretty sure it won’t work for fuel injection.

Th current engine in the wagon is an L31 350 with Vortec heads, Holley 4 barrel. The L31 block did not have an opening in the block for a mechanical pump, hence the Carter was installed back under the body above the rear.

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
Hmm. I’d like to stick with as much oem stuff as possible, even if it has to be modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor