M/t radial issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc77

Apprentice
Sep 19, 2018
I installed a set of Mickey Thompson’s street radials on my car and redid the rear now cruising at 70 plus. Get a vibration in the seat. I have had the tire balanced twice no help. change from a posi unit to a truetrac cut the axle ends off put a set of big bearing ford ends on.axle go in and out with no effort. Is this normally with these tires or is there something wrong? Any help would be appropriated.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Put the rear on Jackstands and take it up to 130 mph. If the tires aren't visibly bouncing,, Look at the tailshaft bushing in the trans.

Reactions: 1 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Try a different wheel tire combo?

Reactions: 2 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Did you check your driveshaft angle if its 0 degrees or less then 3 it will feel like tire balance

Reactions: 1 user

Tc77

Apprentice
Sep 19, 2018
I bought a new angle finder. Should have it this week . Will recheck drive shaft angle and drive shaft for play. See what results I get from that

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Are yours the 'street radials' or what line?

I has a buddy go through this w/multiple sets of sticky Micks on his GT500. Put the original wheels/tires on.... No issue. Sticky Micks & vibration/wobble. Definitely could be felt more @ certain speeds. We he discussed it w/me & we poked around, it appeared to be separating where the width meets the sidewall. I know he got a 2nd set from them & I recall they were problematic as well.

I'll ask him what happened in the end & share what his outcome was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor