m/t radials

Status
Not open for further replies.

one99lives

n00b
Feb 10, 2019
so I just bought M/T street slicks yesterday and the size is 275 and width is 11.4.so just wondering what size of rim will I need so I don’t rub and also what would the rim width be that I’ll need and the offset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
so I just bought M/T street slicks yesterday and the size is 275 and width is 11.4.so just wondering what size of rim will I need so I don’t rub and also what would the rim width be that I’ll need and the offset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the tread width of the tire? Not the section width. Off the top of my head, an 8" wide wheel will be what you need. As far as offset, well it could be 4-4.5" backspace.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would also say a 8" rim with careful attention to correct backspace,
The Cutlass has a squared off wheel well which can limit tire size especially on a lowered car or one with drag shocks and the rear squats on take off.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Do it mathematically - decide what rim your going to use (recommended width) I believe that is section width your giving us (11.4) So if you run an 8in rim the section width the tire will be 3.4 inches wider than the rim or 1.7 inches on both sides. SO, you have approximately 5.5 inches from your drum to the frame. 1.7 inches plus 3.5 back space is 5.2 inches - pretty close. You might be able to go 4 inch back space since the lip of the rim gets measured in back space, but it will be tight. I run an 8 in rim w/ a 11.4 section width slick and use 3.5 BS

back space.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor