Malibu hood on regal? Eh why not

Status
Not open for further replies.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
So if you put a big block Chevy with a tall single plane intake on it with a nitrous plate it leaves you with about 1/2-1" from the hood to the carb ,so I had a 4" lift off cowl induction hood from my old car did some measurements come to find out it's the same length ,width , but body lines are off by a inch at the header panel and Malibus have a nice peak in the middle ,but my car isn't a show car by any means so its good enough for now
IMG_20200328_190845073.jpg
IMG_20200328_190856548.jpg
IMG_20200329_120045373_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IMO I would sell your hood and buy a bolt on hood for a Regal, I don't see it worth the time and effort to try and make it work with the body lines and center ridge and your hood becomes worthless if you fail a trying to modify it.
You don't need to have a show car to require a decent fitting hood.

• Agree

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
IMO I would sell your hood and buy a bolt on hood for a Regal, I don't see it worth the time and effort to try and make it work with the body lines and center ridge and your hood becomes worthless if you fail a trying to modify it.
You don't need to have a show car to require a decent fitting hood.
The hood was a present from my dad so not selling it and definitely not doing any body work to it, and this hood is a pin on hood and it's on hinges the back two hood pins are fake works very pin hoods get old extremely quick

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Future plan is to buy a regal hood for my car and buy a Malibu for the Malibu hood seems more logical lol just not economic on the wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor