Malibu model car/hot wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrockatansky

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2016
Toronto
So my 5 year old boy, Jack, has a rather impressive collection of model cars. I started buying them for him when he was "In Utero" and have continued the tradition until this day. He also has a bunch of my old collection from when I was a boy which is pretty cool.

A little while ago he asked me why he doesn't have a "Malibu" like daddy's car, so I got to scouring the Inter Webs to see what I could find. Discovered Johnny Lightning models and quickly moved to eBay to buy a few.

The only thing better than a Malibu Model for a 5 year old... Is a Malibu Police Car model with a massive hood scoop. He hasn't let it out of his little hand since it arrived in the mail.

Super happy with this one:

Anyone else have any cool Malibu or G body model cars?

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Matt,
That is a pretty cool Malibu police car. Johnny Lightning had produced a variety of different Malibu coupes. I think I only have two of them. Walmart used to carry them.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That's cool, when my kids were young I bought lots of toys for me, I mean them....:)

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Amazing! What a collection. I haven't seen many Johnny Lightning models here in Canada, let alone any Malibus.

I was in the walmarts just for these. They get pricey on ebay but the gbody malibus are hard to find. Try to find a longroof though.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Joe,
I don't they made a wagon version. I've never seen one before. Believe me, had I known they existed I would have been beating down the doors for them.
ToysRUs was also a good source for Johnny Lightning cars. I have a whole collection of JL musclecars, besides my box loads of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars.

Donutboy97

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2010
Rochester NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor