Malibu Quarter Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
Hey Gang,

I'm fixing some rust around my driver's side quarter glass. The channel was pretty rusted out, so I fabbed up a new piece, and after a little more welding and a lot more grinding, I'll be able to put the glass back in. I still have to remove the old butyl, and that's what my question is about. It seems like around the top edges there was one strip of rubber, but I can't tell if there were two strips along the bottom edge where the trim piece goes. Should I use two? I know that some are going to say I shouldn't use butyl, but it seems to be less messy that something that comes in a tube. I'd like to hear your opinion on that too if you don't mind. Also, I'm a better fabricator than welder, obvs.
PXL_20230311_191529476.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor