BUILD THREAD Project Over The Top - Malibu T-Top Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I love the renderings. All the color choices are cool. However, My choice would be dark grey metallic...silver would be my next choice.
In any case, your project seems to be well thought out and tasteful.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I like the dark gray metallic on there also but for me it would be solid gray with maybe just the red pinstripe like on the silver one.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
on the renderings, I like the upper left/ dark grey as well.... then again, I like anything dk/ gunmetal grey! I likr the process you're taking on this, by not getting in a hurry, and thinking through the process! keep it up, and it'll come out beautiful without a doubt!

as for the "Camabubu"...:doh: Hate the front, on the fence over the taillights (might be alright if there was a matching panel in between the lights) and the secondary pocket? :blam:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I've been partial to the dark gray two tone as well, but I'm thinking of ditching the Malibu "flag" on the door to keep things simple. Plus, it may look dated in 10-15 years.

I've learned too many times the hard way not to rush a project. It only means more work and more money to get it right later!

Here are some renderings of the solid paint colors. My only two rules on paint are no black (too much work to keep nice) and it has to match a burgundy interior (sentimental reasons).
Malibu Solid 4 Blocker.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Very nice!

My first choice would be white but I'm very partial to a white Malibu/Gbody. I also like the silver..

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I like the solid colors better, really can't go wrong with any of them.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I understand the attachment to the red interior, as my regal will have the burgandy as well. I already have a new carpet, and have modified the upper back seat, and refinished a dash for it, so I can't really afford to change my mind now... lol

still partial to the dk grey on the paint, as I'm thinking that with a burgandy GSX stripe for my regal.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I think in person the dark grey will look the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor