malibu tubular a arm questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

79malibubbctt

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2011
cb, ia
I was wondering what other years will fit. I found a set that fits a 72 elcamino. I've looked at pictures of the malibu arms and the other ones look almost identical. Can anybody shed some light on this subject.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you can measure from middle the cross shaft to the middle of the ball joint, the G body is 8", next if you draw a line perpendicular from the centre line of the cross shaft (between the two ends of the shaft) out past the ball joint the middle of the ball joint needs to be 1.25" forward of that line

79malibubbctt

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2011
cb, ia
I just bought the car recently. I think it has the wrong a arms. It used to be a lowrider and the previous owner took all of it out so I don't want to measure of those.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
pontiacgp said:
I thought you wanted to see if the A arms would fit?.. :?
^
Also confused as to what you are looking for?

79malibubbctt

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2011
cb, ia
The tubular a arms that I am looking at buying are on ebay. They say the fit up to 72 elcamino. Ive looked at dozens of pics of those and the gbody ones. Just thought Someone else could help me with these.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I thought you had the A arms....the UB machine tubular A arms are not expensive but they are good as long as you keep them greased. I use them and I think a few others on this forum uses them too

79malibubbctt

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2011
cb, ia
I saw those. I wanted upper and lower tubular a arms. The kit is 279.00 a[youtube][/youtube]nd is upper and Lowest with bumpstops and sway arm brackets.

newyork8469

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2011
Pleasant View,Tn
The kit come with everything for that price or just 2 of them and where can I find them I have a set off a suburban that I just took off at my shop and they look close to what the monte's do but havent had the chance to check them more closely...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor