Malibu Wagon trunk gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddzedd

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2020
So, unfortunately... the unthinkable happened.
First real day taking the wagon out after getting the new shoes on and someone who wasn't paying attention rear ended me.
The damage isn't nearly as bad as the pain in my neck would suggest, just a dented bumper and dented rear trunk gate. However, it looks like they're both damaged beyond repair.
I'm able to find replacement rear bumpers just fine, but I'm having some difficulty finding the trunk, as it has to be wagon-specific.
Anyone out there give me some hints as to where I can find a replacement trunk?

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
Screenshot (132).png

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Finding a tailgate as close as possible would be your best choice. Shipping one could be a killer...or take a road trip. http://www.car-part.com/
After you replace your rear bumper and tailgate, another small bit of advice, add a 3rd brake light. With the taillights being low down, idiots behind you that insist on tailgating won't see them when they come on. That's besides the distracted drivers out there texting, etc.

Reactions: 1 user

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I have a tailgate off my old 79 Malibu wagon in Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor