Maliburacing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Agree 100% that damm facebook page thing ruined the site.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The thing I noticed about the MR FB page, and the G body wagon FB page, is that it's full of attention wh*res. You know the type, they post the same pics of their car over and over..."side shot saturday" ""wheel wednesday" "front end friday"...we get it, you've got a car (lil nod to Shania there)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm sorry to hear about the site winding down. I've been a member there since '04 and picked up a lot of information over the years....and also Monte Carlo SS forum. I still have friends that I knew from there, also members of this forum.

Chris, it would be cool if you could absorb that site as well.

Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
well, looks like its happening. no ETA but looks promising so far. I will keep this up to date when something changes.

Reactions: 6 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
The thing I noticed about the MR FB page, and the G body wagon FB page, is that it's full of attention wh*res. You know the type, they post the same pics of their car over and over..."side shot saturday" ""wheel wednesday" "front end friday"...we get it, you've got a car (lil nod to Shania there)

I may or may not of posted a few times doing that, and might do one today as well :D. But not an over poster/attention wh*re like some on the pages. Today will be "Trio Thursday", spoiler alert.

Facebook has hurt forums big time, it seems this page is even busier than it was years ago, or I just visit it more often and didn't pay as much attention to it years ago. Facebook pages are good for some things but the level of knowledge and actual information/thread form can't be beat on forums like this and montecarloss.com, turbobuick.com seems to still be doing pretty good too.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
After all these years that the site was active, it would be cool to see it survive and thrive.
I believe it started out as Malibu Heaven...or Haven. That was before I became a member.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor