Man, I hate being broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
So I have been trying to save up $700 for a Rock Auto order, sh*t kept stealing my money like my Daughter's graduation. I was planning on getting the last 2025 stall TH350C converter for $280 Canadian shipped, a great deal. Someone just bought it, now I am ****ed, have pay way more. The next cheapest higher stall is a Bosshog from Amazon Canada at $484 Canadian for a 2200 to 2800 stall. They have mixed reviews. The Hughes is $500 Canadian plus $80 shipping, yikes. No too pleased, my 70 Cutlass S sucks *ss with 1600 stall, it has got to go. Why did I sell my 2500 TH350C for nearly nothing, why?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I feel your pain. Just dropped $1200 for trans parts for the wife's Grand Cherokee. Junior couldn't be bothered checking the fluids, if he had he would have found the leaking trans line that caused the slippage and fried the clutches. Junior was cut off from our vehicles and bought his own car. It stops the bloodshed, but I get to pick up the pieces. That would have paid for the crank kit to 383 the LT1.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, my daughter is the reason the original trans died, went out of town without telling me and the dipstick tube and Hughes pan were leaking. Goodbye 3/4 clutch pack. It was a fairly fresh rebuilt 2004R with a big Transgo kit with a 2300 stall, auto shifts at 5000 rpm, it left rubber for a 1/4 block. With the 1600 stall and the used TH350C which won't lock up, no matter what I tried:(. It won't even spin the tires off the line. Even my shitty running Dakota and maybe the 88 now that it has headers and 2.5" dual exhaust, with the 2004R and 3.42 gears might beat it in a race.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
All I can say is been there done that with 4 kids. Enjoy them while you can, family first. You will blink your eyes and they will be gone. Now enjoying racing w/ my son and money isn't a problem.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I love my girls but they sure have been hard on vehicles. All have had fender benders and caused major mechanical damage being kids, except the youngest. She got lucky Toyota's 1.5 can tolerate being 1.5 liters low on oil, it only holds 3.5! My youngest just turned 18. She is a smart girl but has a lot to learn, including controlling her temper. We disciplined them all the right amount when younger but gave them freedom when older till they did something really stupid. We just went through this with our youngest. I hope her attitude keeps improving for when she goes to university in the fall. We do have our new girls Penny, Lily and Dixie. Three mini long hair Dachshund's. They are great dogs, affectionate, very playful and just characters in general. People say they are aggressive, yes can be. They are actually big sucks when it comes down to it and wouldn't hurt anybody.

Last edited:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Both my daughters are out but I'm still doing their brakes every year. And that's with police/taxi grade brakes. Why? My brakes outlast the car! At least they are not bleeding me financially anymore.

Reactions: 1 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
You're not alone. Ive been trying to save the money to get these headers/duals/flowmasters put on, and something keeps happening...

-Gonz

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Our kids are a wicked time and financial drain what with daycare, medical costs, trampolines, sports, clothes, toys, etc. But, I'll be damned if just one random hug doesn't make it all worth it.

However, the corners I cut in my personal life to "afford" this hobby is bordering on insane. I have shirts, pants, socks and underwear that are over a decade old. I buy myself a new pair of shoes once every 3-4 years... and the last pair I bought currently have the original broken laces tied back together. Today I am wearing the same shoes I wore to my Senior Formal over 20 years ago (Doc Martins are a helluva shoe). I own one suit which I bought in the mid-2000s that I am now too muscular for (juicy booty). I cut my own hair. Don't drink, don't do drugs, don't smoke. The only reason we have a big screen TV now is thanks to $500 cash back from Costco - so it cost us $250; money I wouldn't have otherwise spent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Both my daughters are out but I'm still doing their brakes every year. And that's with police/taxi grade brakes. Why? My brakes outlast the car! At least they are not bleeding me financially anymore.

my "kids" were smart, they all have cars still under warranty....:banana:

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I wanted an 86/87 GN for my first car. Dad said I will buy the car but you have to learn and pay to fix it. Ended up with a cutlass with a carb turbo.

He got off cheap on the deal and I ended up learning basically everything I would have learned if I went to a tech school program for "free" so having kids is a cost for parents but sometimes it works out for the kids :p

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor